Climate Action is Teamwork
Cooperation is a key element in climate action - municipalities show how internal and external cooperation can succeed, how key actors can be identified and convinced, which structures need to be established, and how obstacles can be overcome.
Find the session presentation here.
Experiences from multi-level cooperation for climate action:
Katrin Knur, Climate Manager, Municipality of Bottrop
- The lord mayor is highly engaged in our network meetings which gives us the necessary political backing to implement many successful projects and motivated people to join and value it.
- Most important factors for success were that all relevant actors worked together to a common gaol and quick solutions and responsibilities could be found among all stakeholders. This went cross-sectional, with different thematic fields, across 300 projects.
Liviu Stanciu, Smart City Strategy Elaboration Expert, City of Alba Iulia
- BEACON gave us the opportunity to lift our partnership with Arnsberg to another level and add a new dimension to address climate action. We learned a lot from our partner-city, for example about how to support every-day cycling.
- I would love to see more cities together in such a context!
Rosa Lopes, Municpality of Coruche
- Thanks to the cooperation with the local industry, we do not only understand the needs of coal producers better: We plan to install a new industrial unit to diversify our local economy.