Local Climate Action “Case Clinic”
If you want further information on the concept of the case clinics, do not hesitate to approach us: email@example.com
The conference’s case clinic sessions provide municipalities with the opportunity to present their local climate change mitigation actions and discuss specific challenges with a small group of colleagues and experts in a framework of trust. The objective is to learn collectively, give and receive supportive feedback and motivate one another to act on climate change.
Format: The case clinic is designed as an interactive parallel workshop session based on the principle of “collegial coaching”. The session lasts between 60 and 90 minutes and is facilitated by a member of the BEACON team.
- Presentation (10-15 min): Representatives of a municipality first speak and present their case. They present their approaches, challenges, current status and formulate clear focus questions for the coaching session.
- Collegial Coaching (40 min): The group discusses the issue and gives the participants their ideas, critical feedback and expert advice. Depending on the number of participants small group discussions with different questions might emerge.
- Reflection (10-20 min): After the collegial coaching, the participants who gave the initial presentation talk about what they have learned and what their next steps will be.
Submit your case: Do you want to showcase your municipalities’ climate mitigation actions? Did you encounter challenges in your work and would like to receive feedback and suggestions from colleagues? We invite you to submit your case to the case clinic sessions!
We invite you to contribute to any of the conference’s thematic streams with your case:
- Climate action for local development: creating synergies between climate change mitigation and socio-economic development, i.e. fighting energy poverty.
- Solutions for climate change mitigation: i.e. innovative financing schemes, sustainable consumption, waste management, sustainable mobility & transport, power, heating & cooling, urban planning.
- Inspire and communicate: i.e. climate change communication campaigns,engaging citizens and local stakeholders, anchoring climate change in municipal administration.
The call for contribution will be open until 31 March 2019. Contributors will receive a notification regarding the selection of their case in mid-April 2019.
We do provide funding (within our budget) for travel and accommodation for a limited amount of speakers. Please indicate in the registration form if you will require support for travel and lodging from the organising partners.
The main conference language is English. In case you do not feel comfortable presenting your case in English and require translation, please indicate so in the form.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.